DIY: Gin The Mood HappyFlock HTV T-shirt
If you or someone you know is a Gin lover then this crafty project is the one for you! It's so simple to make and is perfect for lounging in or dressing up when we can meet up again and have drinks!
Who's Gin The Mood to get crafting?
For this project you will need:
- HappyFlock: Signal Red
- Cutting machine such as Silhouette, Circuit or Brother ScanNCut
- Heat Press (HappyPress 4 or 2.1) or an Iron
- HappyRelease Paper
- HappyWeeding Tool
Let's get making...
- First type out your words and choose a font style you like in your cutting machine programme. We are using Silhouette Studio for our Silhouette Cameo 4 machine. Make sure you flip or mirror your writing before cutting.
2. Place the HappyFlock vinyl shiny (carrier) side down onto the cutting mat and load this into your machine. Send your design to cut and watch your machine go!
3. A great tip is to cut around your design carefully so that the rest of the vinyl can be saved for future projects. Next, weed your design to reveal the writing. A HappyWeeder is a great tool to pick out all the small areas which are not needed from the design.
Once weeded it will look something like this.
4. Pre-press your t-shirt to eliminate all creases and moisture within the fabric. This gives the vinyl a great base to attach to.
5. Place the vinyl shiny side up onto the t-shirt so you can read the writing. Then add HappyRelease or Greaseproof paper on top.
6. Press for 15 seconds at 165 degrees. If you are using an iron make sure each section gets heat for this amount of time.
7. Once cool to touch peel away the clear carrier to reveal the amazing HappyFlock feel. This velvet-like texture created a luxurious and fun feel to fabric!
Your T-shirt is now ready to wear for all occasions!
Leave to set on the fabric 2 days before washing. For cutting, peeling and washing guidelines check out our DIY sheet online.